Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Domain issues

2009-01-07
2013-01-23
  • ovencleaner
    ovencleaner
    2009-01-07

Running Postfix Admin 2.2.1.1, MySQL, Postfix.

I am having serious problems with the admin interface. I cannot add new domains with it when logged in as admin.

The domain list shows up as:
    "ALL"
    "ALL"

That is a lie, because when I run

mysql> SELECT * FROM domain;
    +-----------------+-----------------+---------+-----------+----------+-------+-----------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+--------+
    | domain          | description     | aliases | mailboxes | maxquota | quota | transport | backupmx | created             | modified            | active |
    +-----------------+-----------------+---------+-----------+----------+-------+-----------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+--------+
    | ALL             |                 |       0 |         0 |        0 |     0 | NULL      |        0 | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 |      1 |
    | mydomain.com | mydomain.com |       0 |         0 |        0 |     0 | virtual   |        0 | 2009-01-07 00:36:02 | 2009-01-07 00:36:02 |      1 |

I cannot add email accounts because It will not let me select a valid domain!

This problem is incredibly frustrating, I have been on google for over 8 hours with no avail.

It seems like it is just ignoring my domain, and calling it "ALL"

Please help!

• Simon Hobson
      Simon Hobson
      2009-01-07

I'd be inclined to take a backup of the database (or table) and delete that "ALL" record. I'm fairly sure I don't have one in the system I run at work.

• ovencleaner
      ovencleaner
      2009-01-07

Deleted it, now just nothing shows up....

This is what happens when I try to look at the domain list:

090107 16:20:08     245 Connect     postfix@localhost on
                          245 Query       SET CHARACTER SET utf8
                          245 Query       SET COLLATION_CONNECTION='utf8_general_ci'
                          245 Init DB     postfix
                          245 Query       SELECT domain.domain, domain_admins.username FROM domain
            LEFT JOIN domain_admins ON domain.domain=domain_admins.domain
            WHERE domain_admins.username='someguy@somedomain.com'
            AND domain.active=1
            AND domain.backupmx=0
            ORDER BY domain_admins.domain

There was a duplicate domain admin but I deleted it.

• ovencleaner
      ovencleaner
      2009-01-08

Ok guys, i restarted postfix, got past that bug rebuilt the database, but I have a new problem

First of all after creating a mailbox, any message to it geneates this:

postfix/virtual[24622]: EC3501EC57A: to=<joe@schmoe.com>, relay=virtual, delay=1040, delays=1040/0.05/0/0.05, dsn=4.3.5, status=deferred (mail system configuration error)

Thank you for your help.

• GingerDog
      GingerDog
      2009-01-08

Hi,

You should definately have an 'ALL' domain entry - this is used to indicate that an admin is a super-admin (and not just an admin for one particular domain).

• I have the same issue…

• gsasantos: This discussion thread is more than two years old, and lots of things have changed in the meantime (including the PostfixAdmin version - 2.2.1.1 like in this discussion is not old, it's ancient already ;-))
    Additionally, more than one problem was discussed here, even if it they might sound like follow-up problems. This also means that "I have the same problem" is like going to the doctor and saying "I feel pain, but I won't tell you where" ;-)

Please start a new topic and describe your problem (including the relevant details) there.