Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Vacation Errors

Tabmow
2007-07-10
2013-01-23
  • Tabmow
    Tabmow
    2007-07-10

Hello,

My current setup is postfix / amavisd+spamassassin / courier.
    I am using a totally virtual setup and am trying to get the vacation messages working. I can setup everything fine from the postfixadmin side of things but I get these logs when sending to an email which is setup with a vacation message:

Jul 10 13:43:37 got postfix/qmgr[93566]: warning: connect to transport vacation: No such file or directory
    Jul 10 13:43:37 got postfix/qmgr[93566]: 48C1D1CFE0: from=<nobody@sourceforge.net>, size=2766, nrcpt=3 (queue active)
    Jul 10 13:43:37 got postfix/error[93601]: 1ACC21CE5F: to=<terry@sucked-in.com@autoreply.sucked-in.com>, relay=none, delay=582, delays=582/0.04/0/0.01, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (mail transport unavailable)
    Jul 10 13:43:37 got postfix/error[93601]: 1ACC21CE5F: to=<terry@sucked-in.com@autoreply.sucked-in.com>, orig_to=<terry@sucked-in.com>, relay=none, delay=582, delays=582/0.04/0/0.02, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (mail transport unavailable)

main.cf:
    transport_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/transport

master.cf:
    filter    unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
      flags=DRhu user=vacation argv=/home/virtual-mail/vacation/vacation.pl

transport:
    autoreply.sucked-in.com        vacation:

[got][/home/virtual-mail/vacation]# ls -la vacation.pl
    -rwx------  1 vacation  vacation  7161 Jul 10 10:39 vacation.pl

The message exists in the defined directory so I am not sure what is happening. Anyone have any ideas where I can start to look?

Thanks.

• Tabmow
      Tabmow
      2007-07-10

After kicking myself for quite a while I have since fixed my problem, but i have encountered a new one:

Jul 10 16:44:24 got postfix/pipe[17347]: 545311CD00: to=<terry@sucked-in.com@autoreply.sucked-in.com>, orig_to=<terry@sucked-in.com>, relay=vacation, delay=0.15, delays=0.01/0.03/0/0.11, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (Command died with status 255: "/home/virtual-mail/vacation/vacation.pl". Command output: "my" variable @row masks earlier declaration in same scope at /home/virtual-mail/vacation/vacation.pl line 138. syntax error at /home/virtual-mail/vacation/vacation.pl line 30, near "debug my " Global symbol "$syslog" requires explicit package name at /home/virtual-mail/vacation/vacation.pl line 30. Global symbol "$syslog" requires explicit package name at /home/virtual-mail/vacation/vacation.pl line 71. Execution of /home/virtual-mail/vacation/vacation.pl aborted due to compilation errors. )

The version of vacation.pl I am using it 3.1 I believe the one that comes with postfix-admin-2.1.0. Any ideas?

• GingerDog
        GingerDog
        2007-07-10

1) It would be nice if you documented what fixed your problem, so others can learn from the problem.

2) It looks like you have a problem with Perl. One suggestion would be to remove the '-w' from the first line of the script (if there is one).

There are a number of patches for vacation.pl; I'm not sure how 'good' the default version is any longer (and it's a bit sad that there are distinct pgsql and mysql ones).

• Tabmow
          Tabmow
          2007-07-10

In my first post the problem was with my master.cf definition, I had it written as 'filter' and not 'vacation' which is how I was calling it from my transport.

I have removed the -w from perl and I now receive this error:

Jul 10 20:08:17 got postfix/pipe[48039]: E9FEE1D085: to=<terry@sucked-in.com@autoreply.sucked-in.com>, relay=vacation, delay=0.3, delays=0.01/0.05/0/0.23, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (Command died with status 255: "/home/virtual-mail/vacation/vacation.pl". Command output: syntax error at /home/virtual-mail/vacation/vacation.pl line 30, near "debug my " Global symbol "$syslog" requires explicit package name at /home/virtual-mail/vacation/vacation.pl line 30. Global symbol "$syslog" requires explicit package name at /home/virtual-mail/vacation/vacation.pl line 71. Execution of /home/virtual-mail/vacation/vacation.pl aborted due to compilation errors. )

Is there anywhere I can download the up to date copy of vacation.pl for mysql besides via svn which I don't know how to use?

• GingerDog
            GingerDog
            2007-07-10

1) You could 'download' it through the sourceforge svn viewer.

2) Try removing 'use strict' from the perl script

• Tabmow
      Tabmow
      2007-07-10

I ended up getting it to work by commenting out the new $syslog stuff and declaring the variables at the start with my infront, I will do some testing and post my vacation.pl as it is working soon.

Thanks for the help gingerdog.

• Tabmow
      Tabmow
      2007-07-10

It seems there is a lot of stuff wrong with this vacation.pl - I am using the latest one from svn.

Specs:

Freebsd 6.2-RELEASE
      Perl v5.8.8
      Postfix 2.4.3
      Postgrey 1.28
      Amavisd-new-2.5.2 (20070627)

If anyone is running this successfully with postfixadmin then please let me know. I would like to test it out. I will endeavour to look over the vacation.pl script in the nest few days but my perl scripting is limited.

Thanks.