Menu

false positive of spam

2015-01-09
2015-01-16
  • Jose Alconchel Carretero

Hi there.

I have a problem with a postfix server. we are not recieving emails from many people and the error they are getting back is something like:

email@corp.com: host smtp.cop.com[1.1.1.1] said: 550
    email@corp.com: Recipient address rejected: Mail appeared to be
    SPAM or forged. Ask your Mail/DNS-administrator to correct HELO and DNS MX
    settings or to get removed from DNSBLs; in rhsbl.ahbl.org (in reply to RCPT
    TO comand)

I have read that rhsbl.ahbl.org is not working any more and therefore is returning false positives but I don't know how to remove that blacklist org from my server... We are missing lots of emails since 2 or 3 days ago. Could anyone give me a hand please?????

Thanks in advance & Best regards

• Simon Hobson

Simon Hobson - 2015-01-09

OK, this doesn't look like a Postfix Admin problem - this list is for users of the Postfix Admin package rather than a generic Postfix support group. For general Postfix help, head over to postfix.org.

But, there are two places you need to look.

First of all, check your main.cf for "reject_rbl_client ..." lines - probably in the smtpd_recipient_restrictions section. I suspect this is where you'll find it, given that the rejection message is so specific.

The second place to look is if you are using any AV/Spam scanning setup (eg a ClamAV milter). ClamAV can use a variety of checks, you'll need to go through the config files for it to see what it's using.

• Jose Alconchel Carretero

thanks for your reply sorry for posting in the wrong place.

• ochristi

ochristi - 2015-01-16

Even though this is unrelated to postfixadmin, STOP USING ahbl.org!