Chris Haus
2013-11-27
2018-11-19
  • Chris Haus

Chris Haus - 2013-11-27

Hello,

I can't login into my pfAdmin anymore:

DEBUG INFORMATION:
    Invalid query: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

Please check the documentation and website for more information.

How does your collation look like?
    Can I simply change it?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Chris Haus

Chris Haus - 2013-12-08

I found this one:
    http://sourceforge.net/p/postfixadmin/bugs/79/
    but if I try to use the setup.php with the existing DB, I get the same error.
    Plus: I changed the vacation table which has been general and not swedish.
    But still .. same problem.

I guess I'll try to re-setup pfa and import the data only.

• Christian Boltz

Christian Boltz - 2013-12-08

Hmm, this should be fixed since a very long time.

Which version of PostfixAdmin do you use?

It might also be interesting to modify db_query() in functions.inc.php so that it prints out the failed query in the error message. This might give a hint about the field causing the problem. (Please paste the "show create table" for the affected tables and the failing query.)

• Denis

Denis - 2018-11-17

5 years gone)
    suddenly I have same problem on migration from 3.0.1 -> 3.2 after base updating... do someone found solution?

• Christian Boltz

Christian Boltz - 2018-11-17

Please check your error_log - it should contain the query that causes the error. Please paste the query, and also the result of SHOW CREATE TABLE table_name; for each table involved in the query.

If the error_log doesn't contain the failing query, please paste the exact error message you get in the web interface so that I can help you to add some debugging code/logging.

• Denis

Denis - 2018-11-19

i fix by phpmyadmin, I do not know how it is different, but maybe this can be fixed by a script when updating?

Last edit: Denis 2018-11-19