Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Postfixadmin Keep messages not workong

apddva1¸
2011-10-18
2013-01-23
  • apddva1¸
    apddva1¸
    2011-10-18

Hi

My e-mails are always deleted from my POP account when fetchmail pulls messages.
    Keep status in Postfixadmin for keeping received messages on the remote mailserver is marked, but
    messages are stil deleted.

I have done everything according to this post  http://postfixmail.com/blog/index.php/postfixadmin-and-fetchmail/

If somebody knows what to do to prevent deleting of the messages please help

• Are you using MySQL or PostgreSQL?
    (I just checked the fetchmail.pl script, and there might be an issue with PostgreSQL and keep.)

• apddva1¸
    apddva1¸
    2011-10-18

I am using Mysql. I created database with SQL schema in postfixadmin-2.1.0.tgz. From there I used yust
    script for database creation.

Later I instaled  (2.3.4.) version  of Postfixadmin  Database remaind from version (2.1.0)
    Perhaps my MySql database is not up to date ?

• Did you run setup.php (or upgrade.php) to upgrade the database? I'd guess yes because otherwise you'd see more problems, I'm just asking to be sure. If unsure, just run setup.php now - it won't break anything.

Besides that, please check that the generated fetchmail config is correct. The easiest way to do this is to disable the line that deletes the generated configfile (/tmp/fetchmail-all-*) - prepend line 131 with a "#" - it should look like this:
    # unlink $filename;

• apddva1¸
    apddva1¸
    2011-10-18

I don,t have fetchmail.config and also can't find setup.php or upgrade.php.

I have instaled fetchmail with:  apt-get install fetchmail liblockfile-simple-perl.

I have in fetchmail.pl a part which you mentioned
    ……..
    ($file_handler, $filename) = mkstemp( "/tmp/fetchmail-all-XXXXX" ) or log_and_die "cannot open/create fetchmail temp file";
      print $file_handler $text;
      close $file_handler;

$ret=`/usr/bin/fetchmail -f $filename -i $run_dir/fetchmail.pid`;

unlink $filename;
    …….
    You come to another problem that my
    /var/run/fetchmail
    and  /var/run/fetchmail/fetchmail-all.lock
    are deleted at system reboot.

I comented  line     unlink $filename    in fetchmail.pl but file and directory were again deleted after reboot.

• apddva1¸
    apddva1¸
    2011-10-18

I have been looking for Upgrade.php in wrong dir. It is in postfixadmin directory.  I run it and database is ok.

• apddva1¸
    apddva1¸
    2011-10-19

Hi

Does anybody know why system deletes
      /var/run/fetchmail and
      /var/run/fetchmail/fetchmail-all.lock
    after reboot and how to create fetchmail.config