Menu

PostfixAdmin 3.0 beta2 (aka 2.92) released

2014-10-28
2014-10-29
  • Christian Boltz

Christian Boltz - 2014-10-28

I'm happy to announce that David and I just released PostfixAdmin 2.92 aka 3.0 beta2. It contains all the improvements from the last years that were too big to make it into the 2.3.x series, and several bugfixes since beta1.

You'll find several untranslated texts in most languages. You can easily help with the translations - search for "XXX" in "your" languages/*.lang file, translate it (and remove the "XXX" marker) and upload the translated file to the patch tracker.

Here's the detailed list of changes since beta1:

• AliasHandler: don't clean goto field when making alias inactive (bug#316)
    • list-virtual: display quota even if $CONF[used_quotas] == NO (bug#307)
    • vacation.pl: fix postgresql queries in vacation.pl (bug#315)
    • fix query in AliasHandler getList() which caused an empty list and breaks
      deletion of aliases in MariaDB (bug#313, bug#325)
    • fetchmail.pl: fix ssl extra options (cert check, cert path, fingerprint)
    • fix logging (run setup.php to fix old log entries) (bug#317)
    • fetchmail.php: change error_reporting() to exclude E_NOTICE (bug#322)
    • translation updates: fr (patch#123), nl (patch#122)
    • $CONF[default_aliases] can now use the new domain as alias target (patch#124)
    • check that vacation start/end date are not in the past (patch#122)
    • update vacation INSTALL.TXT with more secure locations
    • update Smarty to 3.1.21

• Charles

Charles - 2014-10-29

Congrats Christian and David!

I'm really looking forward to the new release.

I'm willing to go ahead and upgrade, but I was wondering if there were some specific and detailed instructions on how to upgrade an existing instance.

I normally install via my package manager (on gentoo), so I guess I'd have to do this manually, and I've never done that.

If I can get a detailed instructions on how to do this without breaking my mail server, I'd be happy to be a beta tester, but if not, I guess I'll have to wait until the release is in portage...

Thanks again for all your hard work on a new and improved postfixadmin!

Charles

• Christian Boltz

Christian Boltz - 2014-10-29

You can install 2.92 parallel to 2.3.x - download the tarball and unpack it somewhere in your document root.

Then copy over your config.local.php and run the 2.92 setup.php.

The database changes are backward compatible, so you can switch between 2.3.x and 2.92 as much as you want. The only exception is the creation of superadmins - you'll have to do that in 2.92 if you want them to be superadmins in both versions. If you switch to the 2.92 vacation.pl script, I'd also recommend to setup vacation with 2.92 to avoid problems with the start and end date.