Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
We just migrated to office 365, and in that migration, we started using postfix for our hundres of automated emails. However, postfix appears to be changing / losing html formatting when sending an email.
I know this is postfix because of the following tests:
All tests use the same page / sample email
Test 1 - Sent from exchange server - normal formatting / email (old method before switchign to O365)
Test 2 - Send using embedded authorization, straight to O365 servers - normal formatting
Test 3 - Send using smtp relay (Postfix), formatting gets jacked up. An example is hyperlinks, sometimes they work, sometimes they won't, it iwll display the link instead of what is embedded int eh tags. Another example is during tables, a random will show up, or, even worse, it will treat a as something it isn't, and not all of the data will show up on the email.
It does seem to affect tables more than anythign else, and when htere is a loop of data being displayed. And, if the results have, for example, 30 results, maybe lines 8 and 24 and 27 will have odd formatting, when the rest are just fine.
The email is generated from classic asp if that matters.
This is not a general Postfix help forum - this is for the separate package Postfix Admin which configures/maintains virtual domains & mailboxes using Postfix (plus MySQL, optionally maildrop, and Courier or Dovecot).
For Postfix help you should head over to postfix.org and check out the Postfix mailing lists.
However, AFAIK Postfix doesn't parse or process the content of the emails.
Firstly, are you sure that whatever is sourcing the emails is sending exactly the same thing via the different routes ?
Have you tried capturing packets to check that what's in them is what you expect ?
Ok, sorry for posting here, that's part of my challenge is finding where to go. I am sure it is the exact same, I change one line of code for my tests:
.Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "126.96.36.199"
.Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "188.8.131.52"
that's it, 184.108.40.206 is exchane, 220.127.116.11 is smtp relay. I am workign with someone over on experts exchange that seems to know his stuff pretty well, somethign about how it is encoded. When you view the source of the emails from the two options, one example of what happens is it turns from exchangeemail to <td> but the frustrating part is, for my example, there is 27 tags, and only one of them gets changed, in the middle of the page. There are others, but it appears it is definately somethign to do with the <> being rendered differently.