Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Only allow email from whitelist?

Methos07
2013-08-15
2013-08-16
  • Methos07
    Methos07
    2013-08-15

Hi there everyone, first post here.

I've got an openSUSE 12.2 x64 server I've set up according to the "perfect" guide found at Howtoforge.

We're using Roundcube, postfix, apache2, dovecot and ISPConfig 3.

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to only send and receive mail from email addresses/domains that are on our whitelist. So essentially, blacklist everything and only allow whitelist to send to/from.

I've been trying to accomplish this through ispconfig but I can't seem to achieve the results I'm looking for. Hopefully there is an easy wildcard configuration that I can do which will allow me to accomplish this.

I've tried various wildcards but none of them have actually stopped the email from getting into the test inbox.

I've tried these options in ISPConfig 3 but not postfix. I don't know which file to manipulate in postfix in order to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

None have worked for me. Ideally I would like to be able to manage the whitelist easily as it will need to be frequently updated with new addresses.

Let me know what you guys think would work for me.

Last edit: Methos07 2013-08-15
  • Simon Hobson
    Simon Hobson
    2013-08-16

No mention of Postfix Admin ?
    This is the support forum for the Postfix Admin package - a tool that works with Postfix to allow easy management of virtual mailboxes. You'll find support resources for Postfix over at http://www.postfix.org

However, without looking deeper into it, I think you may want to be adding check_sender_access type:table to smtpd_sender_restrictions, and/or adding check_recipient_access type:table to smtpd_recipient_restrictions.
    See http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

• Methos07
    Methos07
    2013-08-16

Thanks for the assistance, my apologies for being in the wrong forum. I had thought Postfix admin as in administrating Postfix.

I will redirect any further questions there.