Just a quick note to let everyone know that we've released an updated version 2.3.2, containing a number of small bug fixes since 2.3.1 was released a month ago.
We expect this will be the last release until version 3, coming in June. The release notes are attached below; if you are an XTN subscriber, and would like to schedule an upgrade, please let us know.
In other version 3 news, we've started releasing nightly builds here on SourceForge for Windows, Linux, and Mac. Please note: this is the development branch, and there will likely be lots of things that don't work. We also will not be providing database update scripts until the alpha cycle begins. So - say it with me - DON'T USE THE NIGHTLY BUILDS IN PRODUCTION! :)
But if you're interested in tracking daily progress on new functionality, particularly the architectural stuff, it's a good place to be. We'll be setting up a dedicated forum on xtuple.org for version 3 architectural elements, including the new Form Designer, Display Designer, Configurable Menu, and Model/View Architecture. See you there!
April 7, 2008
This is a bug fix release, correcting problems found in 2.3.1. Many thanks to everyone in our growing user community who contributed
valuable feedback to make this release possible.
NOTE: A complete list of report definition changes can be found
in the file reports231to232.txt.
The following bug fixes have been incorporated since the release of version 2.3.1:
* [All] Fixed issue where Inventory transactions were not posting to the Trial Balance * [A/P] Fixed issue where Vouchers weren't being properly reopened after voiding Checks
* [A/P] Fixed issue where Voucher Item freight was not being processed properly
* [A/P] Moved to hide Credit Card options at Cash Receipt if system is not configured to use Credit Cards
* [A/P] Fixed Mac-only issue where when printing Checks the first Check printed to the selected printer, but subsequent Checks printed to the
* [A/P] Improved performance of Check printing on Mac
* [A/R] Fixed issue leading to error message when processing Credit Cards at Sales Order entry
* [A/R] Fixed loophole where Deposit Register was capable of showing duplicate entries
* [Accounting] Fixed issue where closing the Cash Receipt screen using the "X" option behaved differently than CANCEL, creating orphaned AR records
* [Accounting] Fixed error received when splitting Vouchers
* [Accounting] Improved performance of AR Aging Report
* [Batch Manager] Fixed issue with Addresses printing improperly when sending print jobs through the Batch Manager
* [Inventory] Fixed issue where information was not being saved on Item Site tab areas
* [Inventory] Fixed error encountered when receiving Transfer Orders
* [Inventory] Fixed issue where multiple users were being prevented from shipping simultaneously due to lot/serial locks in the database
* [Inventory] Fixed issue preventing receipt of partial Transfer Order quantities
* [Inventory] Fixed issue where non-netable quantity was not being calculated properly when Count Tag/Slip created for an individual Location
* [Inventory] Fixed several screens where “Automatically Update” option was not working correctly
* [Inventory] Fixed issue with Count Tags not freezing properly
* [Manufacture] Fixed issue where run was not being marked complete after all Operations quantity had been posted
* [Manufacture] Fixed issue where notes added when posting production for serially-tracked Items led to unbalanced QOH
* [Products] Fixed issue where the Bill of Materials Item screen was closing when attempting to save a new BOM Item without entering the quantity
* [Products] Fixed "Running" tab in Item Availability Workbench to correctly recognize UOM conversions
* [Products] Improved performance of cost updates and cost posting
* [Purchase] Fixed issue leading to error when correcting receiving
* [Reports] Fixed image scaling problems on Mac
* [S/O] Ensured that Sales Order notes are transferred to the corresponding Invoice
* [S/O] Fixed loophole where Shipping charges were not being updated properly if changed on the original Sales Order
* [Sales] fixed issue where Credit Memos were not posting to the cohist table correctly, causing incorrect sales analysis values
* [Sales] Fixed printing on Backlog By Customer report
* [Sales] Fixed issue where incorrect values displaying on Sales Order Item Pending Availability display when "Show Pending Availability as Indented BOM" option was not checked
* [Sales] Fix Summarized Backlog report to work with Customer Types, and faster
* [System] Updated application title bar to show "xTuple ERP"
**NOTE: The help files have not been updated for this release
President and CEO
xTuple (formerly OpenMFG)
119 West York Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
tel. 757.461.3022 x101