If your PostBooks won''t start on the Mac, it''s probably because the
server isn''t running.
>From the Terminal program prompt.
1. Change to the root user
sudo su -
2. Enter the password for your REGULAR user
3. You get a root prompt, now...
4. Now you are the postgres user, change to the postgres bin directory.
5. Start the postgres server.
./pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data start
6. Should see some message about starting server.
7. Type exit at the prompt several times to exit.
8. Start PostBooks in the usual way. -- Read more at http://www.xtuple.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=553