Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

3089:15410 -- Getting Linux 3.2.0 Beta client running on SuSE 10.3

Linux
omfgppc
2008-12-08
2013-03-08
  • omfgppc
    omfgppc
    2008-12-08

kingofthebears wrote: Linux 3.2.0Beta client did not work when I installed in on SuSE 10.3 with \"A connection could not be established with the specified Database as the proper Database Drivers have not been installed. Contact your Systems Administrator.\"

Here''s what I did to fix it.

1. For reasons not known to me, the trick presented in another forum of doing a symbolic link to libssl.so.4 and libcrypto.so.4 in the install directory, ie, xtuple3.2.0Beta, doesn''t work with this release.  To correct this, as root:

# ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.4
    # ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libssl.so.4

2. There are two libraries missing in my install that are needed to get the driver working.  You can find what it missing in your installation with ldd:

# ldd /usr/local/xtuple-3.2.0Beta/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql.so
    and look for lines which say \"not found\".  These must be satisfied.  In my case, ldd reported:

libssl.so.4 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.4 (0xb7ead000) (after the item 1 fix above)
    libcrypto.so.4 => /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.4 (0xb7d67000) (after the item1 fix above)
    libreadline.so.4 => not found
    libtermcap.so.2 => not found

To fix the latter two, in Yast Software Management install compat-readline4 and termcap packages.

Up and Running!

Arthur Knight Hammer -- Read more at http://www.xtuple.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3089