Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Reports translation

2011-06-06
2013-03-08
  • Hi folks,

Can I translate stored reports by Qt Linguist, or I've to translate them manually by copying them then doing translation process in openRPT editor?

PS
    I've an account at xTuple forums but it didn't work at all because it redirect me to "Access Denied" page!

• Chris Ryan
    Chris Ryan
    2011-06-18

There are some hooks to do this in OpenRPT and xTuple. One of our partners created a tool to creating a ts file from reports and once in that format you can use Qt Linguist. Then if you have the translation loaded the report renderer will use those translations. I would have to ask someone else regarding more information for the utility on Monday.

• What's up?

This is just a reminder.. thanks.

• Chris Ryan
    Chris Ryan
    2011-06-20

One question raised locally was if you were trying to translate stock reports or custom reports that you have written?

• I just want to translate existing reports in demo & empty databases.

• Pierce Tyler
    Pierce Tyler
    2011-09-02

Read my recent blog post for information on an xTuple report translation tool we recently released under the PostBooks project.

Regards,
    Pierce