Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Problem installing 3.2.0 GUI Client

Help
2009-03-28
2013-03-08
  • ElectricBlue
    ElectricBlue
    2009-03-28

When attempting to install the 3.2.0 GUI client on a Fedora 10 linux server I change directory to the folder, make sure I have permission and then I

[fgc@carllenterprises xtuple-3.2.0]$ ./xtuple.bin
    ./xtuple.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libQtDesignerComponents.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

what on earth does this mean? The file in question is indeed in the same directory and has all the permissions.

• ElectricBlue
      ElectricBlue
      2009-03-28

I copied all the lib files from the install directory to /usr/lib/ and now I get to have a new error

[root@carllenterprises xtuple-3.2.0]# sudo ./xtuple.bin
      ./xtuple.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libSM.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

only this file isn't in the install directory...and when I try to install the .rpm for it the package manager tells me I already have the package installed

I  think I'm missing the root of the problem, can anybody help me?

• Chris Ryan
      Chris Ryan
      2009-04-07

I haven't tried running the client FC10 yet but for all of the linux OS's you should run the xtuple script. This script sets up the LD_LIBRARY_CONFIG path and calls xtuple.bin so that it can find the libraries correctly. That will definitely help with the first error you encountered.

The second error about libSM.so.6 is new to me and I do not know why you would have received that. I noticed that you are executing the client with sudo which should not be necessary and may be a part of the problem in addition to trying to run the .bin directly.

If that doesn't work you could try running ldd on the xtuple.bin and other libraries looking for any "not found" references. You should set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the path where the xtuple.bin resides so you do not get any false reports. There are a number of topics on xtuple.org in the forum there about using ldd and getting the binaries to work on Ubuntu and Suse that could be informative.