keyword filter

Nezetm
2012-03-21
2013-05-20
  • Nezetm
    Nezetm
    2012-03-21

Hello,

We use Posh as social Netvibes and i try to insert it in the firm. 2 needs appear with the users :

- First, the most important, they ask me a filter in the standard rss widget. Thus, with keywords, they have only the expected information displayed. Keywords simply connected by a logical OR would enough.
    - 2nd, some of them ask me the possibility to add several rss feeds in 1 widget.

Could it be considered as a standard in Posh (and perhaps controled in "General configuration of the application") ?

What do you think ?

Bye

• Hello,

I think I have already done such a thing. I will check in my archives.

Meanwhile, here is one way to modify the generic RSS widget :
    1/ create the rss widget
    2/ copy the file /portal/xmlfeeds.php, and rename it /portal/xmlfeeds_filter.php
    3/ in the dir_item table, find the rss widget you created above, and add in the "variables" field : &pwspecif=filter
    4/ modify the SQL query in /portal/xmlfeeds_filter.php to get the data you need

Cheers

• Nezetm
    Nezetm
    2012-03-27

Hello Eric,

I meet issues on 3/…
    In phpMyAmin, when i modify the rss widget created in dir-item, i don't understand how to add the "variables" field : &pwspecif=filter. Impossible to add a line for inserting a field (!)
    Unfortunately, i won't know how to modify the SQL query in /portal/xmlfeeds_filter.php

I am too newbie ! I will try to find a "programmer" around me.