I am glad about the replies. Very glad.
And as my original opinion was, a redesign should be done.
Now, as most of you know poopmup was a university project, that needed to
"look good" and be "done" before the end of classes. It lead to a fast
release of 1.0 (which should have been called 0.00.000.00001.0) anyways, we
learn, we are young.
I really like Fink's idea about 2.0 being a complete (or not so complete)
redesign of poopmup.
For the redesign here are the main points I sugest:
- Ability to import models from Maya
- Level Files (not random cities)
- Level Editor
- Better Texture loader (See the soundloader)
- Ability to the game to check for newer version.
- Save Games.
- Better AI (Pedestrians ??? Cars?? trafic lights?)
- Objective system (Already build but incorportaed in level files)
- Be able, in level files to set paths for pedestrians to walk along.. This
could lead to missions like: Poo on pedX before they get into the building...
And pedX would follow a path that would lead them into a building.
- I really like the concept of acid fry, I like the concept of parks being
able to heal. Maybe elaborate Like a 2xPoint fry (You eat is and all your
points get double ... well we can play with that) ...
- Ryan made a point that was recurring on all our msg boards, And I thing is
interesting and important, we need timer based animation.
- Fink made a great point while chatting on msn, we need an timeline, we
need (aprox.) release dates, we need design docs and such.
-Poopmup was well designed (for a uni project). But this is no longer a uni
- And in my opiniong, we need a bigger development team. Initially we where
4, then we where 3 then 2, then 1, then welll 0 (redesign time)
- A point I think is important: The more programmers start off with the
project, the more code contribution we get. Coder will not add a level
editor to a project if they feel like it's someone elses project. But if the
coder was with us from the start that it is his/her project as well.
Ok it's getting late for my brain.
Please send all your sugestions to the mailling list. Reply with your list
of features that you think I have missed out on.
Thx for all your respective inputs.
Just another human.