Problems with Cygwin

Help
s.newave
2010-02-14
2013-05-13
  • s.newave
    s.newave
    2010-02-14

Just found this great app however i am having trouble getting it to work with cygwin. If i try and start a new Cygwin connection i get a dialog box saying "The registry key SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/ is not found, Cygwin may not be installed properly." And then another error pops up saying "The program can't start because cygwin1.dll is missing for your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Another issue i have found is that the poderosa.exe process remains active after i close the window and i have to kill it from the task manager.

Any ideas?

• Ivan.Zhang
    Ivan.Zhang
    2010-02-22

Please provide some information for my investigation, thanks.
    Poderosa version?
    Cygwin version?
    Do you set the correct directory path of Cygwin?

• Nathan Niesen
    Nathan Niesen
    2010-04-30

I'm having the same issue.

Windows XP.

Poderosa:
      Version : 4.1.0
      CLR     : 2.0.50727.3607

Cygwin Setup version 2.697. I just installed the latest version last week. I installed to c:\cygwin.

What do you mean by "Do you set the correct directory path of Cygwin? "?  In the connect to dialog the Home Directory is "/home/myname" which matches when I open a cygwin shell externally and print the current working dir.

• Nathan Niesen
    Nathan Niesen
    2010-04-30

In the registry I only have "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygwin" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygwin" there are no "Cygnus Software" nodes. Under Cygwin is Installation, Program Options, and setup.

• Nathan Niesen
    Nathan Niesen
    2010-04-30

Workaround:

Adding "C:\cygwin\bin" to your "Path" system environment variable will allow the shell to be created.

Adding the registry key tree for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/" clears the error message. Note the final front-slash "/" is a key name.

You can paste the following into a .reg text file and import it into the registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00