sessions close/disconnect with Version 4.3.8b

Wayne M
2012-09-05
2013-05-13
  • Wayne M
    Wayne M
    2012-09-05

need help - Solutions / ideas?

After a period of some minutes of inactivity in my poderosa window, all open session tabs are gone.  The poderosa window is open, but no tabs.  This has happened several times.

poderosa Version : 4.3.8b  CLR     : 2.0.50727.5456    on windows 7 connected to IBM AIX using SSH (2)

filed bug report https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3565054&group_id=134696&atid=730868

• Anonymous
    2012-09-13

Not sure if this helps but it should be pointed out that network/firewall/router admins tend to terminate connections if they are idle for a period of time. In larger network environments this is especially true. The idea is to clean up idle connections that have been abandoned so that sockets are reclaimed and available for new connections. If that is the case then a keep alive setting on the ssh server could help as it will periodically send a "keep alive" packing making the firewall/router think the connection is still active.

Also, in *NIX (Unix and Linux) the users environment could have a logout feature set that will kill an ssh connection if it is idle for a period of time. It simply logs the user out and closes the ssh connection.

Either of these will close your poderosa session and close the tab it was on.

• Anonymous
    2012-09-13

Sorry for the double post, but I also had another thought and could not edit my first post.
    Try logging the session in poderosa, then after it dies and the tab closes go read the log.

If it says something like "connection closed by peer" then the issue is on the other end and poderosa is not to blame.
    If it has an error, then paste the error in your bug report to help the dev get to the bottom of it.