Integrate JAVA Custom PMD Rules in Sonar 4.1.2

Help
TotoSonar
2014-08-11
2015-07-14
  • TotoSonar

TotoSonar - 2014-08-11

Hi,

I wrote some custom PMD rules in Java (JAVA classes that extends AbstractJavaRule) and I want to use my rules in Sonarqube 4.1.2.

When I was using sonarqube 3.7 I put the rules (.jar) and the extensions.xml file in extensions\rules\pmd, but this solution seem not work with sonarqube 4.1.2

I tried to put the rules in extensions\plugin without success.

So, do you know if there is a solution to use and activate my pmd custom rules with sonarqube 4.1.2 ?

And do you know why SonarQube does not want to use PMD anymore ? (the plugin still exists but they developp their own AST lib do write custom rules http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Extending+Coding+Rules)

Thanks a lot,

• Em Nguyen

Em Nguyen - 2015-01-23

Hello,

I have not used Sonarqube 4.1.2 but I have tested with Sonar 5.0. I put rules (.jar file) and ruleset (.xml) ito extensions/rules/pmd and it work well.

You may retest it.

• Rohit Batta

Rohit Batta - 2015-07-14

Hi,

I have tried same steps mentioned above to add custom written java pmd checks. But, those rules are not visible in sonarqube application.

I am using sonarqube 5.1.1

I have added custom jars and xml rule set file to folder <SONAR_HOME>/extensions/rules/pmd.

Thanks in advance,
      Rohit