Looks interesting, but not working in Kubuntu 12.10 64-bit

Anonymous
2012-10-27
2013-01-11

• Anonymous
    2012-10-27

Hi!
    I've tried to install this on my Kubuntu 12.10 install (64-bit).
    It installs fine from the .deb and an icon appears in the menu, but nothing happens. when I try to start it.
    From commandline it just claims there is no such file or directory...
    Do you know if it is a 64-bit issue or just ot working on the latest Ubuntu variations?

Johan

• Anonymous
    2012-10-30

Same thing here.

• Anonymous
    2012-11-01

That's a 32/64-bit issue.
    Installing ia32-libs solves it.

• Anonymous
    2012-11-03

Hi, Cyril - I'm eager to try Plume, particularly after reading some of Ken McConnell's posts about it.

I just downloaded the new 64-bit .deb file. I'm running Xubuntu 12.10 (64 bit, natch). When I double-click on the .deb file, the Ubuntu Software center kicks in, and I get a warning that the "package is of bad quality," and may cause "serious problems" on my computer. Being Linux, it does give me the option of continuing anyway, but I haven't done that.

I rather doubt the issues are as serious as it sounds, but I'm afraid I can't be of much help in diagnosing the probelm; just wanted you to know.

-kolchak

• Cyril Jacquet
      Cyril Jacquet
      2012-11-03

Hi,
      I'm sure the cause is the author name and email. It gives me errors when I create the .deb package. The package itself is working fine. You can continue the install.

Regards,
      Cyril

• Anonymous
        2012-11-03

Thanks... I went for it, and everything seems to be working just fine. Can't wait to start a project!

• Anonymous
        2012-11-03

I proceeded to install, and all seems well. Getting started on a project right away - thanks!

• Anonymous
    2012-11-03

PS: I confirmed that MD5 checksum for my download was correct.
    - kolchak

• Anonymous
    2013-01-09

Thanks ! You could keep the 64-bit version?

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments