Datagrid javascript

Developers
2010-08-02
2013-04-25
  • Mike Metcalfe
    Mike Metcalfe
    2010-08-02

I added a few rows to a datagrid and found few issues:
    1. If I do not select a row, when I hit 'delete row', nothing happens. However, if I select 'edit row', it pops up an empty grid. Should that just do nothing or maybe show a message to indicate that the user must select a row first.
    2. If on edit or add I click the 'cancel' button it closes the datagrid and the document I was editing, instead of just the datagrid.
    3. There is no indication on the datagrid to the user that a row needs to be selected before using 'edit row' or 'delete row'. Wouldn't a check box (like plone) be more intuitive.

Mike

• Eric Brehault
    Eric Brehault
    2010-08-03

Hello Mike,

we are currently re-factoring the plomino field mechanism, we will work on those issues as soon as the refactoring is finished

Eric

• Mike Metcalfe
    Mike Metcalfe
    2010-09-09

The refactor of datagrids is working well on Firefox and Chrome (I'm using trunk). The same cannot be said for IE where selecting Add Row pops up the row capture form but on save the popup close but the datagrid is not updated. It's not just a visual thing, if I  save the document the row is not saved.

Any ideas where I should start looking?
    Mike

• Eric Brehault
    Eric Brehault
    2010-09-09

Hello,

I have tested it with IE7, it works fine.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: I have just published 1.7.3 which fixes the datagrid (the bug was about storage, but it may have more consequences with IE)
    so please test with 1.7.3 (and clean your portal_javascript cache after install if needed)

Eric

• Mike Metcalfe
    Mike Metcalfe
    2010-09-09

Hi Eric,

I linked in 1.7.3, restarted, installed with quickinstaller, put the javascript registry in debug mode, but I still cannot add a row in IE8 or IE7. Did I miss a step?

Mike

• Jean Jordaan
    Jean Jordaan
    2010-09-10

After upgrading to 1.7.3, I noticed that in portal_javascript, the registry has an entry for:
      ++resource++plomino.javascript/jquery-v1.4.2.js
    with a warning:
      (resource not found or not accessible)

This is probably just a leftover from a previous Plomino install.
    But perhaps Plomino can tidy it away?

• Eric Brehault
    Eric Brehault
    2010-09-10

Mike, can you try just try on the plomino sample here: http://www.plomino.net/samples/datagrids
    so we know if it comes from your setup or from your browser

Jean: yes, we need a postInstall here

eric

• Eric Brehault
    Eric Brehault
    2010-09-10

thanks for the code, i put it in setuphandlers.py

note: migration.py handles plomino databases migration not the plomino install
    (so it processes the db objects, it is called when refreshing a given db, it is not supposed to change the entire Plomino config on the current server)
    that is why it is preferable to put it in postinstall in setuphandlers.py
    so it is run as a GS step at install time

eric