Menu

Disallowed Subobjects in PlominoDatabase

Help
2011-02-02
2013-04-25
  • Volker Till

Volker Till - 2011-02-02

Hi Eric,

I wonder how to manage to have some sub-items inside a Plomino database, which link to forms or views of another database. These items should be shown in the navigation portlet. Therefore it would be great, if I could create a link object inside the database, but this is prohibited.

Do you know another way to do it?

Regards,
    Volker

• Eric Brehault

Eric Brehault - 2011-02-03

Hello Volker,

You can create a form containing some actions (type=Redirect, and formula producing the accurate url to your external element)
    or containing computed for display rich text fields producing accurate <a> tags.
    And then put this form into a Plomino element portlet, so it will behave as a navigation menu.

eric

• Volker Till

Volker Till - 2011-03-15

Hi Eric,

sounds like a good idea to use a from, wich acts as page. In my case, this doesn't work, because I want to use a form, which creates multiple Plomino documents. Therfore I have to use a certain action in my form. Unfortunately, this insn't possible because the content of the form is encapsulated in a form even when I enable the "page" checkbox on the form settings.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
    Volker

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello Volker,

it is not very clear

could you put your db on plomino.com so I can have a look ?

eric

• Volker Till

Volker Till - 2011-03-16

Hi Eric,

I did this now (same username as here). Unfortunately, the HTML filter on Plomino.com strips off the <form action="some/other/method"> and <input type="submit" … > tags, which surround the content of the form "person_erfassen".

Regards,
    Volker

• Eric Brehault

Eric Brehault - 2011-03-17

Hello Volker,

you are not supposed to add a form tag (there is already a form tag, if, for any reason, you need to change its action, just do it with Javascript), and you can append an input submit by adding a Plomino action (type Save)

anyway, can just tell me again what you try to do ? (you want to create several documents from a unique form ?)

eric

• Volker Till

Volker Till - 2011-03-18

Hi Eric,

yes, I want to create several documents, but not by a form but by a python script, which uses the context.REQUEST to get the values of the fields. I thought it might be a good idea, to use a PlominoForm, to create such a form just to avoid creating a page template.

Volker

• Eric Brehault

Eric Brehault - 2011-03-24

Hi,

ok i see, so if you have a Page form, you add a Submit action
    then you create a computed field where you will access the submitted values like that:
    f1 = plominoDocument.REQUEST.get("my_field")
    and you create docs like that:
    db=plominoDocument.getParentDatabase()
    newdoc = db.createDocument()
    newdoc.setItem('Form', "frmDoc")
    newdoc.setItem("my_field", f1)
    newdoc.savae()

eric

• Volker Till

Volker Till - 2011-03-24

Thanks!