Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Can´t creat a document

Help
Robert
2011-08-03
2013-04-25
  • Robert
    Robert
    2011-08-03

Hello…I´m getting started to test a little bit with plomino and plone.
    when i try to create an document I get an error on saving it….and don´t know why
    i hope you understand the problem and somebody can help me ;-)

URL: file:/Applications/Plone/buildout-cache/eggs/Plomino-1.10.3-py2.6.egg/Products/CMFPlomino/skins/cmfplomino_templates/OpenDocument.pt
    Line 41, Column 3
    Expression: <PythonExpr myF.id>
    Names:
    {'container': <PloneSite at /Plone>,
     'context': <PlominoDocument at /Plone/datenbank/plominodocument.2011-08-03.9065013389>,
     'default': <object object at 0x3206e0>,
     'here': <PlominoDocument at /Plone/datenbank/plominodocument.2011-08-03.9065013389>,
     'loop': {},
     'nothing': None,
     'options': {'args': ()},
     'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping object at 0x547ecc0>,
     'request': <HTTPRequest, URL=http://localhost:8080/Plone/datenbank/plominodocument.2011-08-03.9065013389/checkBeforeOpenDocument>,
     'root': <Application at >,
     'template': <FSPageTemplate at /Plone/OpenDocument used for /Plone/datenbank/plominodocument.2011-08-03.9065013389>,
     'traverse_subpath': [],
     'user': <PropertiedUser 'admin'>}

• Eric Brehault
    Eric Brehault
    2011-08-03

Hello,

Apparently, something is wrong with the form.

To create a document, you must create a form first.
    Once a form is created, you use it to produce documents.
    (you cannot add new documents with the Plone "Add" menu as usual Plone content-types)

Eric

• Robert
    Robert
    2011-08-04

hm okey that make more sense ;-) my mistake
    but i have another question. i have 2 tables. person and pictures.
    i combined them with da "doclink" field in the "pictures" table. so i can map every new picture to a person.
    when i try to build a view, i see not the person it self but rather the url of the person like this "plone/name_of_database/2403203940"
    can i get the name behind that link? i try a little bit with the methods from here (http://www.plomino.net/doc/classes.html?highlight=getitem) but no success ;-)

• Eric Brehault
    Eric Brehault
    2011-08-04

Hello,

The doclink field stores the targeted document path into the item.
    So in your view, that's what you see (the actual item value).
    To obtain the rendering provided by the field, you can use this formula into your view column):
    plominoDocument.getRenderedItem("my_doclink")

or you can produce your own rendering yourself:
    target_doc_path = plominoDocument.getItem("my_doclink")
    db = plominoDocument.getParentDatabase()
    target_doc = db.getDocument(target_doc_path)
    return """<a href="%s">%s</a>""" % (target_doc.doc_url(), target_doc.getItem("person_name")

Eric

• Robert
    Robert
    2011-08-05

thanks…works great :)