I did a lot of work with Player as part of a senior design project for school. That's all finished now and I'm submitting the "fruits" of my labor.
I added encoder support, power reporting support, and some other miscellaneous bits to the roboteq driver and cleaned up the code.
I also developed a driver for an Oxford Technical Solutions rt3xxx inertial measurement unit. Right now it only populates the fields available in the GPS data structure but it has code to grab the heading as well. I tried a while back to add a heading field to the GPS data structure but I could never get it to work. I ended up sending the heading data in the utm_e field but that isn't really appropriate for production ;).
These were originally plugin drivers, so I might have missed a few bits of code that shouldn't be there. I removed the extern part and the roboteq driver compiles into the Player server, but I don't know how to add the rt3xxx driver. Unfortunately I no longer have access to the hardware this was used on so that's about as much as I can test.
Any questions/comments please CC me as I am not on the list!
Mike Roddewig <mrroddew@...>