From: brian gerkey <bgerkey@po...> - 2002-04-23 23:40:16
i've just done a big commit, having fixed (hopefully) all the bugs that
i introduced last time. i've tested some with a robot, and a little bit
with Stage, and things look good.
to sum up, i've cleaned up the device interface considerably, pushing
as much functionality as possible into the base-level CDevice class. most
devices can now use the default Put/Get Data/Command methods, only overriding
them in the case that something special needs to be done to the data/command
(e.g., the speech device consumes its commands).
btw, the Put Command/Data methods now store the size of the data that
you Put, and the corresponding Get methods copy that much data out. thus
even devices that use variable length buffers can still use the default
next up is the synchronous request/reply functionality; hopefully i'll
get that done in the next week or so.
also, at some point i'll document the new device interface, so that others
can easily implement their own new devices.
let me know if you have problems.