Using the example.cfg from
(copy and pasted into a file):
$ ./bin/player example.cfg
* Part of the Player/Stage/Gazebo Project
* Copyright (C) 2000 - 2005 Brian Gerkey, Richard
Vaughan, Andrew Howard,
* Nate Koenig, and contributors. Released under the GNU
General Public License.
* Player comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is
free software, and you
* are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; see COPYING
* for details.
trying to load <snip>/libstageplugin...
trying to load <snip>/lib/libstageplugin...
Stage driver plugin init
** Stage plugin v2.0.0 **
* Part of the Player/Stage Project
* Copyright 2000-2006 Richard Vaughan, Andrew Howard,
* and contributors. Released under the GNU General
Public License v2.
Stage driver creating 1 device
6665.31.0 is a Stage world [Loading ./example.world]
Stage driver creating 2 devices
example.cfg:22 error: unknown interface: [position]
error : Initialization failed for driver "stage"
error : failed to parse config file example.cfg
But the error is on line 20. Changing position to
position2d on line 20 and rerunning reports an error on
line 32 when the second error is really on line 29.