The new client for the free 3d fantasy mmorpg PlaneShift is now available for Windows, Linux and MacOSX. Download it from the project home page http://www.planeshift.it
- Support for fires, including campfires and torches.
- Customizable Chatbubbles (alignment, text colour, etc)
- Maps can be named, just like books.
- An Identification Skill is now needed to view the quality of items.
Removed Features: (We have so many features now we can actually start removing those players don't like!)
- Disabled the introduction system until a better thought-out system is available.
- New torch item with smoke and fire effects.
- A cosy campfire, don't burn yourself!
- The female version of the Nolthrir race is available!
- Find the odd Riverling. Surprisingly, it's a creature found near rivers.
- Discover the deary Kormi. (I heard they taste good, but you didn't get that from me.)
- An additional interior for guild halls
- Many updates to existing maps for improved quality and athmosphere.
- More maps use the lighter2 system for shadows and lighting now
- New new icons for all armours.
- Many new crafting icons.
- A few new boxes for keeping your jewellery in.
- Some new rings to put in those handy jewellery boxes!
- Some new fruits and pies.
- A few new sacks, for keeping those fruits and pies.
- Empty potion bottle. Good for containing air in case you need it.
- Another barrel. Nice for keeping around large quantities of beer.
- Systemic increases to all quest rewards.
- All named NPCs now have one quest a piece.
Changes That Have Been Made.
- Changed the container view so you can view all items in it at once.
- Resizing windows now works much more intuitive, especially in the case of the menu bar.
- Players are now warned on-screen when locking/unlocking their locks and houses.
- Better on-screen feedback in case a character is overloaded from weight.
- Crafting Books are now displayed with another font for better readability.
- The first user who edits a books will now be the author, not the buyer. This means you can now buy blank books for delivery or as presents.
- You can now only save user-made books to disk. Crafting books and Settings-made books are off-limits.
- Books are now saved in the personal user folder as well, not in the installation directory.
- Loading self-made books into the game now allows books longer than 3000 characters.
- You can now use % in your texts.
- Guarding: If you drop a sack, only you can add items to it. If you add items to an unguarded sack, you will guard the sack and the item.
- You can no longer drop more than 64 coins at a time into the world.
- Players now need a minimum of 24 hours online until they can propose marriages.
- Character Creation: Parents last names now required.
Quests & Events:
- You can now discard events, just like quests.
- Remainders of /quests command fully removed, it is /show quest to show the Quests & Events window.
- Advisors can now give short answers such as "use /unstick" without being bothered.
- A new "/advisor_list" command to show how many advisors are online
- You now need a minimum of 30 hours online to become an advisor.
GMs & Devs: ("Yes, we finally have our own changelog category!")
GMs vs. Magic:
- You no longer need to use /admin after login to enable GM options. You can still use it to list available commands.
- The instantcast flag enables you to cast all spells without having necessary skills and glyphs.
- GMs can now cast spells on any target, friend or foe.
- The infinitemana flag actually works now
GMs vs. Advisors:
- GMs can now ban/unban advisors.
- GMs can now view all advisor <-> advisee communications.
- GMs are now advisors by default.
- The "/advisor_list" command shows the names of the advisors for GMs as well.
GMs vs. Players:
- The commands "/giveitem" and "/takeitem" can how be used to give/take tria as well. You can also use the parameter "all" to remove all money from a player.
- You can now view the position of an offline character using /info
- You can now use the command "/listwarnings" to view the warnings of specific online or offline characters.
- If you check a player's stats you can now also view his buffs/debuffs.
- The command "/divorce" actually works now
GMs vs. Items:
- Money can now only be spawned using the "/money" command, not using "/item".
- Both the item spawning window and the /item command now spawn items to your inventory, not in the world.
- The "/crystal" command for making "item spawns" can now be given a random, an amount and a range parameter.
- It's no longer possible to give user-personalised items as rewards in events.
- Items that have a custom name (using /setitemname) now keep their name after trading.
GMs vs. Quests:
- Changes to the /quest command:
- Syntax is now "/quest [discard|complete]" rather than "/quest [0|1]"
- GM2+ can now list other players quests, but cannot change them.
- It now complains at you if you don't have access to list/change other players' quests, rather than listing/changing your own instead.
GMs vs. Other Stuff.
- You can now use "/settrait list" to list all traits for a given race.
- The "/settrait" command now applies traits on the entire body, not just the head. Previously you had to relogin to view all changes.
- The command "/setskill" doesn't crash your client anymore when given too high level value.
- The command "/killnpc" now works with "pid:#", "eid:#", or "NPC name"
And last, but certainly not least:
- Many improvements to the PlaneShift WebConsole, to aid Settings dept.
- Switched to Crystal Space 3D Engine version 1.4 which includes many bug fixes, improvements and new features.
- Better collision detection system should get less players/NPCs stuck.
- Many many performance improvements to the Client, Server and NPCclient.
- Huge changes to the networking system.
- Lots of work on the updater and the pslaunch project.
- Improvements to mouserun vs. clicking in the GUI.
- You can now consume multiple items (food, potions) via the inventory window, just as you could before via commands.
- /who now displays as many players as possible instead of just 30.
- Players can now disable shadows in-game.
- The guild MotD is now limited to 200 characters instead of 150. If you use more than 200 characters, you will get a warning now.
- When a person is invited into a guild, the welcoming message also displays the inviter.
- You can't add NPCs to your buddy list anymore. Sorry Harnquist!
- The anti-cheat module now does its work better. Beware!
Bugs That Have Been Fixed:
- Fixed the issue where the contents of a persons inventory would become invisible.
- Females now have their last name properly restored after a divorce.
- The command "/list_advice_request" doesn't crash your client anymore.
- Female Dermorians no longer crash if a helmet is present.
- Fixed item ownership issues during crafting.
- Fixed the enter key not responding on Mac OS.
- Many fixes to collision detection for NPCs and players.
- Attempting to attack an item with your pet no longer crashes the server.
- Armor will be properly removed from the body if dequipped.
- Some fixes to the /marriage divorce command for players.
- Fixed a major money exploit.
- Some spell bugs fixed.
- You can now actually change the leadership of an alliance to other players.
- Renamed characters now show up with their new name in the Guild's Member List window.
- When sorting spells in the spell book, alls spells show their correct descriptions now.
- Some small fixes to the shortcut and chat windows.
- Tooltips on mouse-over in the inventory now works better.
- In maps, you can no longer drag map objects past the canvas border.
- Many crash fixes!