Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
I've encountered errors ...
1.) The Win 32 2.0.2 install version creates env variables that appear not to work (i.e., not recognized at the command prompt). Have to delete them and enter them in manually.
2.) The Internet shortcut points to:
But Berkeley's site gives a 404
3.) After entering the evn variables (PIXIEHOME correctly), %PIXIEHOME%\bin to the path, rndr simply returns immediately after giving any RIB files to it and nothing is rendered.
Easily solved, no?
1) This will be fixed in the next version
2) This will be fixed in the next version
3) I could not recreate this problem. In general if there is an error, a message will be printed to stderr. I assume the RIB file actually contains a WorldBegin/WorldEnd?
I must have a problem with global env variable configuration on my home computer. I installed as local and it worked fine. I tried on a different computer (one at work) and the "all users" env variable seemed to recognize it although on my work computer I'm now getting a DLL error:
"This application failed to start because libmmd.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
Not sure what this DLL is. Any ideas?
Thanks for your time,
This is a DLL associated with the Intel C++ compiler. I will include this dll in the next version.
I am not too familiar with the installer we use for Windoze (Inno Setup). So if anybody knows what the problem can be, I would appreciate your help.
Chances are that the env variable issue is on my end - this has to be true since the "all users" env variable works on other machines (at least my office computer). The DLL problem is most likely the only issue here.
In hindsight, I should have done further testing with the env variables first.
Thanks for your prompt reply on this.
I think 1 and 3 are related and I think that if 1 is fixed that 3 should be as well. I am 100% sure that I gave actual RIB files that contained WorldBegin and WorldEnd tags. I tested the same thing on BMRT, Aqsis, and 3Delight and they all render. Also, BMRT, Aqsis, and 3Delight all successfully had their env variables set up (I even deleted them all and manually typed them in to see if there was something wrong with my install of Win XP - but they all seemed to work).