Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

sdrc 2.0.2 crashes on OSX, can't recompile

Help
mderosa42
2007-02-25
2013-04-25
  • mderosa42
    mderosa42
    2007-02-25

Under OSX 10.4.9 (x86), running sdrc on any of the included .sl files in the shaders directory gives the following error:

[computer:/Applications/Graphics/Pixie] mderosa% ./bin/sdrc shaders/fog.sl
    Unable to create temporary file
    sdrc(21158) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0xbffff6f8; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug

Pixie is installed at /Applications/Graphics, and "setenv PIXIEHOME /Applications/Graphics/Pixie" has been run.

This is from the precompiled OSX installer.

When trying to recompile the applications from source, I received the following errors while make'ing:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -MT algebra.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/algebra.Tpo -c algebra.cpp  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/algebra.o
    if /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../..   -I/sw/include  -I/sw/include -MT os.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/os.Tpo" -c -o os.lo os.cpp; \ then mv -f ".deps/os.Tpo" ".deps/os.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/os.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -MT os.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/os.Tpo -c os.cpp  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/os.o
    make[3]: *** No rule to make target `memoryman.cpp', needed by `memoryman.lo'.  Stop.
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Any help in getting either the pre-built version or the compilation to succeed would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    MDR

• George Harker
      George Harker
      2007-02-25

Hi there MDR,

That's odd.  It's working fine for the OSX / PPC release.

I'll look into this.

In terms of compiling the source, you can try running autoreconf (get a reasonably recent version from fink or somewhere).  This recreates the makefiles to be in sync with the autoconf make templates.

We removed a couple of files, one of which is that one mentioned in your error.

Okan - any ideas on this x86 OSX issue?

Cheers

George

• mderosa42
      mderosa42
      2007-02-25

Just tried autoreconf (from autoconf 2.60-4) and got the following:

configure.in: required file `./mkinstalldirs' not found
      Makefile.am:7: invalid variable `shader_DATA'
      Makefile.am:5: invalid variable `nobase_doc_DATA'
      doc/Makefile.am:12: invalid variable `nobase_doc_DATA'
      src/file/Makefile.am:1: invalid variable `displays_LTLIBRARIES'
      src/file/Makefile.am:5: invalid unused variable name: `file_la_LDFLAGS'
      src/file/Makefile.am:3: invalid unused variable name: `file_la_SOURCES'
      src/file/Makefile.am:4: invalid unused variable name: `file_la_LIBADD'
      src/framebuffer/Makefile.am:2: invalid variable `displays_LTLIBRARIES'
      src/framebuffer/Makefile.am:6: invalid unused variable name: `framebuffer_la_LIBADD'
      src/framebuffer/Makefile.am:7: invalid unused variable name: `framebuffer_la_LDFLAGS'
      src/framebuffer/Makefile.am:5: invalid unused variable name: `framebuffer_la_SOURCES'
      src/gui/Makefile.am:3: invalid variable `modules_LTLIBRARIES'
      src/gui/Makefile.am:13: invalid unused variable name: `gui_la_SOURCES'
      src/gui/Makefile.am:14: invalid unused variable name: `gui_la_LIBADD'
      src/gui/Makefile.am:16: invalid unused variable name: `gui_la_LDFLAGS'
      src/openexr/Makefile.am:2: invalid variable `displays_LTLIBRARIES'
      src/openexr/Makefile.am:7: invalid unused variable name: `openexr_la_LDFLAGS'
      src/openexr/Makefile.am:6: invalid unused variable name: `openexr_la_LIBADD'
      src/openexr/Makefile.am:5: invalid unused variable name: `openexr_la_SOURCES'
      src/rgbe/Makefile.am:1: invalid variable `displays_LTLIBRARIES'
      src/rgbe/Makefile.am:3: invalid unused variable name: `rgbe_la_SOURCES'
      src/rgbe/Makefile.am:5: invalid unused variable name: `rgbe_la_LDFLAGS'
      src/rgbe/Makefile.am:4: invalid unused variable name: `rgbe_la_LIBADD'
      autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Cheers,
      Mike

• George Harker
        George Harker
        2007-02-25

Hi Mike,

Which source drop are you using - svn or one of the packages (and is so, is it the tgz variant?)

I use autoconf-2.59 for the OSX PPC releases, but you also have to have automake installed.  I use 1.9.6-9 of automake.

I believe the OSX/Intel package was compiled with the XCode project (which will most probably be used for all future OSX releases).

Cheers

George

• mderosa42
      mderosa42
      2007-02-26

Recompiling from head of svn via the XCode project; works perfectly now. Thanks for the pointers.

Mike