Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Environment variable problems?

Help
2006-11-28
2013-04-25
  • animate1978
    animate1978
    2006-11-28

Still working with Pixie 1.6.2, but this really shouldn't be about version number. Recently I have been having issues with Pixie not being found on Windows XP. However the correct environment variables are set, and I have even set PATH with C:\PIXIE\bin among the other multitude of programs on here. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, resetting the variables, deleting the variables, resetting the variables again..... you get the idea. I had this problem before, and it seemed that the only way to fix this was to do a fresh install of Windows itself (unrelated to the problem - Pixie was just found after installing again). Anyone have a clue (other than Windows sucks... and yes Linux is on my list of MUSTS now)????

• Okan Arikan
      Okan Arikan
      2006-11-28

Hi Animate1978,

I think we can all agree that Windoze sux. However, I can assure you that there is no OS that doesn't suck sometimes (I can tell you about some horror stories about my new Mac and Apple tech support).

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "Pixie not being found"? Pixie contains only command line tools. If they're in your PATH, you should be able to use them from "cmd".

Okan