Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Bad DOF

2006-04-23
2013-04-25
  • When you zoom-in real lensed depth of field decreases. In Aqsis dof work as in real. But in Pixie focal lenght don't affect to depth of field.
    For more info check image in Troubleshoot section.
    I can't upload example. Wiki page says ".tar.gz" is not a recommended image file format.

• George Harker
      George Harker
      2006-04-24

Hi AKHmetgaleev,

This appears to be an interaction between the FOV from RiProjection and RiDepthOfField.  It's a one line fix, and will be in the next release.  Let me know if you want me to post it.

The tgz issue is a known one.  Some browsers don't seem to like the way the wiki handles tgz files in the URL paths.  So I disabled them.  There's a note on the upload help page.  Zip works though ;)

Cheers

George

• Thanks for quick patch!
      And good result!
      PS: Pixie grows up!

• After patching rendering both 250mm and 25mm frames took 23 minutes 44 seconds on my box. Aqsis to do that takes only 4 minutes 21 seconds.
      It's realy bad!
      I hope you have idea how to make sampling much faster.

• George Harker
        George Harker
        2006-04-25

I did a test and the discrepancy was nothing like that - the timings (as per 'time <cmd> wcDefault-0000.rib') were entirely ball park - both at 4min mark (exact results fluctuated per run, so I won't post them here).

Make sure you did not have the framebuffer open - it prevents pixie from exiting.

George