Open Sorce Advertisement

2006-04-30
2013-04-25
  • I wish to make 30 sec advertisement clip for free software to let people see what Open Software can do. I'll note in this adv. both Pixie and Blender plus my own home page. I'm interested for support because my RenderMan knowledge not so rich as I need. Morever I need way to show this video. Every people who interested to help me please mail me to akhil at list dot ru. And if Geohar let I'll use Pixies wiki for making BLog.
    All data that will be prodused will be available via Free Art License or any other open license.
    By the way to make this possible I need Pixie with fixed 'Arbitrary variable' bug and some compiling info info to optimaze rendering on my linux box.

• Okan Arikan
      Okan Arikan
      2006-04-30

Hi Akhilman,

I think it's a great idea. We are working on the arbitrary outputs (I assume that's what you meant).

In terms of optimizations, I use the following flags during the compilation:

CFLAGS=-O3 -fstrict-aliasing -funroll-loops -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions
      CXXFLAGS=-O3 -fstrict-aliasing -funroll-loops -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions

The binary release of Pixie is already compiled with these options.

Okan

• George Harker
        George Harker
        2006-04-30

Definitely a good idea.

You can certainly start a page about the project.  Discussion-like (or blog-like) content is probably best attached to the 'Talk' page.  Each page can have a 'Talk' page which is attached to it, for discussion.  It's accessed via the 'Discussion' link at the top left in the toolbar.

If you need to create several pages, just include a prefix on the front (eg OpensourceAd/mypage) to keep things neat.

Just a note, but for Gcc4, you may need to specify

-fno-strict-aliasing

rather than -fstrict-aliasing. Otherwise my flags are similar to Okan's.  Compilation can be lengthy for certain files.

Cheers

George

• How to make new page in the wiki?

• George Harker
        George Harker
        2006-05-01

Just edit the page you want to link from and insert a link (to a page that doesn't exist yet).

So something like [[PageGroup/Page]] or [[PageGroup/Page|Full text of link]] to have it nicer formatted.

Then click that link - it'll start editing the new page.

Cheers

George