From: Edward Hervey <bilboed@gm...> - 2008-12-15 12:44:25
0.11.3 Release : Paella Cubana
The PiTiVi team is proud to announce the fourth release in the unstable
0.11 PiTiVi series.
This release series is not intended to be production-ready, but instead
to allow users to try more often new features that will be available in
the next stable series.
The developers will not be held accountable for any work lost, flooding
or war caused by this unstable series.
Due to its dependency on GStreamer, The PiTiVi team strongly recommends
users have all official latest gstreamer libraries and plugins
installed for the best user experience.
* Features of this release
* Remove usage of gobject as much as possible from non-ui components
* Make smarter choices about audio/video sinks
* Fix issues with seeking in ruler/viewer
* general pylint cleanup
* Picture support in the timeline
* Improve viewer for proper Display Aspect Ratio
* Timeline : Unlink-ing sources is now possible
* Fix some issues when using very long sources
* SourceList now detachable from main window
* Now requires GNonLin 0.10.10 and python >= 2.5
* Bugs Fixed
* 535374 : missing pitivi-sound.png
* 557998 : Runtime checks for goocanvas done too late
* 560150 : Error when clicking on nothing
* 560330 : Pitivi dont import any video (python trouble)
* 560844 : timecode is incorrectly displayed
* 560850 : font homogeneity
* 563444 : Render dialog's filename request dialog has buttons
* gstreamer >= 0.10.14
* gst-python >= 0.10.6
* gnonlin >= 0.10.10
* pygtk >= 2.8.0
* Python >= 2.5
* zope.interface (http://www.zope.org/Products/ZopeInterface)
* setuptools (http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools)
* pygoocanvas (http://live.gnome.org/GooCanvas)
* dbus and HAL for capture support
* Edward Hervey
* Brandon Lewis
* Alessandro Decina
PiTiVi source tarballs are available on gnome FTP:
See the website for distribution-specific packages.
* Information and Feedback
* Information for users and developers can be found on the PiTiVi
* Comments and feedback are welcome.
* Mailing-list : pitivi-pitivi@...
* PiTiVi bug-tracker :
From: Edward Hervey <bilboed@gm...> - 2008-12-15 12:48:23
On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 13:44 +0100, Edward Hervey wrote:
> 0.11.3 Release : Paella Cubana
> The PiTiVi team is proud to announce the fourth release in the unstable
> 0.11 PiTiVi series.
And ubuntu packages are available in the gstreamer-developers PPA:
It's also available for ~amd64 and ~x86 on gentoo.
Anyone knows/cares to do a Fedora package ?
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 6:48 AM, Edward Hervey <bilboed@...> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 13:44 +0100, Edward Hervey wrote:
>> 0.11.3 Release : Paella Cubana
>> The PiTiVi team is proud to announce the fourth release in the unstable
>> 0.11 PiTiVi series.
> And ubuntu packages are available in the gstreamer-developers PPA:
> It's also available for ~amd64 and ~x86 on gentoo.
> Anyone knows/cares to do a Fedora package ?
I'll be updating the official Fedora packages shortly.
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."
-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"