1. In attempting to render video to DVD format, the output is always horribly compressed, with a very blocky and blurred appearance. The input is fine. Why does this happen? Here's what I've tried:
Container: ffmux_dvd ffmux_vob mpegpsmox
Audio: ffenc_ac3 (48 kHz)
2. Can I export clips to separate files? I need to edit a video with a menu. An easy way to do that would be to chop the video into edited clips, and then render and export selected clips or groups of clips. I can select the clips, but there doesn't seem to be a way to export just the selected clips.
3. Also, I didn't have any luck in grouping clips. I couldn't tell that the grouping button did anything.
4. I have a 1-hour video divided into about 20 clips that have been rearranged. On trying to delete several clips at a time, PiTiVi invariably hangs. Two adjacent clips is OK; three or more is problematic; five or more is an invitation to give up and start over. It sometimes helps if I wait a few seconds before attempting another deletion. Is this a known problem?
5. The playback button sometimes becomes unresponsive. Sometimes it starts playing a minute or two later, after the playback marker has been moved, leading me to think I have accidentally moved a clip and hidden it somehow. A known problem?