Help
Elvis
2013-03-19
2013-04-30
  • Elvis
    Elvis
    2013-03-19

Hi,

I  need some help realting problems that happen with Profile PIP v0.2. I already installed and run PIP so far so good, but when i  use some functionalities of Data-QWIK like creating Procedures Definition(Function @825 of Data-QWIK) it gave me following errors:
    - /tools/misc/filecdt  is missing.
    - DBSEDIT will not behave correctly.
    - Please install the appropriate executable.

Note: I have installed for this purpose, following instructions in http://www.mumps.cz/gtm/misc/Building_PIP_V2.html, gtm_V54000_linux_i686_pro.tar.gz, pip_V02_20100227.7z.
    And i installed VMware-Player-5.0.1 to run Ubuntu 8.04 JeOS.

Can anyone give me indications about what is wrong. Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Elvis Hau

• tmr
    tmr
    2013-03-19

Hi,

`filecdt' utility does nothing special you cannot emulate. In fact it just prints out the last modification time of the file from its argument.
    I am not sure if the original utility is publicly available, so I'd suggest you to replace it by your own, for example in Perl: https://gist.github.com/ztmr/5197145

Since we did a lot of PIP patches/customizations/extensions in past, feel free to come back for whatever more you'll miss there :-)

Tom

• Elvis
    Elvis
    2013-03-20

Hi,

I did the Tom suggestion by creating in root, directory  /tools/misc and then create the file filecdt putting inside Tom example code.
    Now the error is "../pip_V02/util/scaedit_edt.sh: 125: pico: not found". Can say what is wrong? The file exist in directory and permission gived to all files.

Thanks

• tmr
    tmr
    2013-03-20

Elvis,

At the first, I would recommend you to make a /SCA symlink that points to your PIP directory. Then you should define BUILD_DIR environment variable in your gtmenv to have a value of $DIR. I guess you don't have BUILD_DIR defined because the script we're talking about calls $BUILD_DIR/tools/…whatever… and since BUILD_DIR is not defined, it's empty and that's why it looks for /tools/misc.
    In general, the /SCA way is more clear because there are some components which would expect that directory/symlink.

And if it comes to your pico issue, you can do one of the following:
    (1) install pico :-) 
    (2) change your PIP user's editor to something else. The editor choice is on the 21st piece in ^SCAU(1,UID), so you can do something like: s $p(^SCAU(1,1),"|",21)="vi"
    If you prefer Emacs, the choice is "emc" instead of "vi".

I'd also set EDITOR environment variable in gtmenv or directly in your login scripts, if you haven't done it yet.

Regards,
    Tom

• Elvis
    Elvis
    2013-03-20

Hi Tom,

Cause i'm new in Profile and these stuffs, i'd like to ask you if you can give the steps about how to make a /SCA symlink to point to PIP directory and define BUILD_DIR in gtmenv?

Thanks,
    Elvis