ssh login Permission denied

Help
2008-10-30
2013-04-30
  • David Heller
    David Heller
    2008-10-30

Hello

Can't log in thru ssh I keep getting permission denied error.

Any ideas ??

Dave

ps

Tried following ssh pip@127.0.0.1 2222
    entered PIPRocks

• K.S. Bhaskar
      K.S. Bhaskar
      2008-10-30

See http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5535827

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards
      -- Bhaskar

• K.S. Bhaskar
      K.S. Bhaskar
      2008-10-30

• David Heller
      David Heller
      2008-11-02

Hello,

I tried that and still can not get logged in. I even downloaded a new PIP virtual machine still no go. I can ssh to other computers from the virtual machine and also to the computer that's running the virtual machine from the virtual machine.

dave

• K.S. Bhaskar
        K.S. Bhaskar
        2008-11-02

A new virtual machine won't help.  The problem is that when the virtual machine was created, there was an expiration date for the password.  The next distribution won't have that, but for this first release, you will need to go in with a terminal session and set the password to not expire, per the instructions in the post.  If you have done that, and are still not able to connect, then make sure that you have forwarded the port correctly with qemu.

-- Bhaskar

• K.S. Bhaskar
      K.S. Bhaskar
      2008-11-02

I just re-read the thread, and if you can't login with ssh (I was in a hurry and didn't read your original post correctly), then you may be typing the password wrong.  Try logging in as root and as pip with password PIPRocks

Regards
      -- Bhaskar

• David Heller
      David Heller
      2008-11-02

Hello

Problem is fixed. I did this ->  ssh -p 2222 pip@localhost.

This problem occured after a system upgrade(Ubuntu 8.04LTS). So I suspect a change was probably made to ssh, because It had always worked specifying the port after the host.