Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

problem with ABC, can anyone help?

Help
Rick S
2009-08-25
2013-04-16
  • Rick S
    Rick S
    2009-08-25

ABC only shows the status as "connecting to peers" and will never start the download.  Can anyone help?

• Michael
      Michael
      2009-08-26

I'm having the exact same problem!

I haven't had any troubles with ABC for a very long time, then all of a sudden all torrents went gray, and now I've got ONE torrent that works. But all the other ones are gray.

• Alfredo Iuele
        Alfredo Iuele
        2009-08-26

What is going on? I have same issue as well.

• c_m3ars
          c_m3ars
          2009-08-26

You guys really need to learn to stay in touch with whats going on in the Pirate Bay Legal battle. My guess is that all of your torrents are from TPB, Their internet service was turned off by Black Internet on Monday, and since then Black internet has been attacked. Your torrents arent workign cause the Trackers arent able to connect. there is nothing wrong with ABC, The problem lies in the battle between pirates and the rest of the world. so when in doubt, google seach for recent news about TPB, and always check their blog. their blog and frontpage are on different servers than their backend torrent trackers.
          I hope this helps.

• Rick S
            Rick S
            2009-08-27

I had no idea this battle was going on, thanks for the info.  Looks like the free stuff may be coming to an end.

• Michael
              Michael
              2009-08-27

It all works fine now. I guess it was to do with the linked article.

vale4600: The free stuff is not going to come to an end. The only way to end it is with freedom-crushing laws. We will not allow it, even if that means we all have to vote for Pirate Parties in every election.

• B N
      B N
      2009-08-26

Same prob here. What's going on?

• B N
      B N
      2009-08-26

Yes, thank you. Though particular article was just posted today.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9137083/Pirate_Bay_ISP_victim_of_sabotage_after_shutdown

I was also having the same prob with minivova, but they have posted a blog saying they just lost a case today.

• Michael
      Michael
      2009-08-27

Yeah that does sound like the right thing, only the 2 torrents I've got working not are from TPB, the other ones a mix of TPB, mininova, monova, yourbittorrent.com, maybe another one.

Damn that court order, even if it's not the cause, such a retarded thing to do -.-