ABC recently creating a lot of problems

David
2009-04-20
2013-04-16
  • David
    David
    2009-04-20

ABC has been good up untill now. A few days ago I had it downloading while watching youtube, afterwards I left the computer on, went to work and returned only to find that ABC is frozen and I can't see any of my downloads on the download menu.

Even when I re-started the program I still couldn't see my downloads and this time I had to update to the latest ABC version and start downloading all over again. At the same time I started watching youtube and again I found that not only ABC stops downloading and goes into a frozen mode, but this time even youtube was acting weird and wasn't showing the entire clip before it came to an end. I also realized that they functioned fine if either ABC or youtube were running solo without the other running at the same time (ie: a youtube window being open without even playing caused the same problem).

I removed ABC altogether and downloaded a few other client managers like Bit Tornado only to be disappointed since they didn't function properly with or without youtube running.

I have reinstalled ABC now (is there anyway to download the older versions?) but I don't know if it is going to work since if I start downloading it can repeat the same problem.

What should I do?

• jf32
      jf32
      2009-05-05

First, I can't  see why would there be a reason why ABC can change how you see youtube in ANYWAY. I do know 2 things that can cause ABC to freeze. 1 is too many torrent in the list or sometimes too many big files in a single torrent. 2 is that the Hard drive is full.

The list disappearing can be because the torrent.lst file is corrupted. Delete the file in the folder below and see if you can use one of the backup files. remove the backup# from the torrent.list.backup1 C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\.ABC