From: Luke Schierer <lschiere@us...> - 2005-09-13 23:29:10
Update of /cvsroot/gaim/web/htdocs
In directory sc8-pr-cvs1.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv4266/htdocs
(19:21:29) ***Bleeter reminds LSchiere to update that section of the FAQ
(19:21:36) Luke: to read?
(19:21:38) DjKoRn: # aa => Asia
(19:21:38) DjKoRn: # ar => Argentina
(19:21:39) DjKoRn: # au => Australia
(19:22:05) Bleeter: LSchiere: nah, just update randomly... no need to read
(19:23:27) Luke: it already has those 3 codes
(19:24:02) Bleeter: LSchiere: I'm referring to the bit about US locale
(19:24:20) Bleeter: LSchiere: It's now the default, so that line is either
irrelevant, or needs rewording
(19:24:28) Luke: so just delete that whole paragraph?
(19:24:57) Luke: if not, TELL ME WHAT IT SHOULD READ AS I DON'T KNOW. (I'm
in a bad mood)
(19:25:41) Bleeter: LSchiere: kk... 'Please note that Gaim defaults to the
US locale. If you want a different locale, you'll need to change...'
(19:26:09) Bleeter: LSchiere: more like edit the first line, and join the
two paras. my apologies for aiding your grump
RCS file: /cvsroot/gaim/web/htdocs/faq.txt,v
retrieving revision 1.212
retrieving revision 1.213
diff -u -d -p -r1.212 -r1.213
--- faq.txt 11 Sep 2005 18:42:11 -0000 1.212
+++ faq.txt 13 Sep 2005 23:29:01 -0000 1.213
@@ -863,16 +863,12 @@ Buddies->Join a Chat. You can also c
don't support setting the hidden or invite-only type settings.
- Please note that Yahoo! provides U.S. localized chat rooms. To see these, you
- need to set "us" as your locale (as described below).
- To get a localized room list, you'll need to change the Chat Room Locale
- setting in the account editor, under "Show more options". In previous
- releases, this was known as "Chat Room List URL". The URL is no longer used; it
- has been replaced by a country code. These codes are the same as the country
- codes previously used in the URLs. Certain country codes no longer seem to work
- (most notably de).
+ Please note that defaults to US localized chat rooms. To get a localized room
+ list, you'll need to change the Chat Room Locale setting in the account editor,
+ under "Show more options". In previous releases, this was known as "Chat Room
+ List URL". The URL is no longer used; it has been replaced by a country code.
+ These codes are the same as the country codes previously used in the URLs.
+ Certain country codes no longer seem to work (most notably de).
The list of known country codes is: