Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Pidgin 2.3.0 crashing with MSN accounts

Cutter
2007-11-28
2013-01-14
  • Cutter
    Cutter
    2007-11-28

Well, I did some testing myself and it seems Pidgin 2.3.0 crashes when I have an MSN account. I remove the account and it works just fine.

Anyone else have this problem?

• Gnemesis
      Gnemesis
      2007-11-29

Not exactly... but there does appear to be something amiss with MSN support.  I cannot get 2.3.0 to connect to my MSN account, but 2.1.1 (running on my USB drive) works fine.

• Cutter
        Cutter
        2007-11-29

Well, when I manually edit the accounts.xml file and remove the MSN account, pidgin runs smoothly. When I put it back in it crashes when attempting to log into MSN. The crash has to be related to this in some way. I reverted back to Pidgin 2.2.2 with my MSN account intact and I am back running smoothly.

I think I will wait before upgrading again.

• Gnemesis
          Gnemesis
          2007-11-29

I did the same thing. As soon as I reverted back to 2.2.2, my MSN account connects fine.

• Scott ORBf
      Scott ORBf
      2007-11-29

2.3.0 was crashing for me randomly.  I tried disabling just MSN, but it continued to crash.  I've reverted back to 2.2.2 and now I don't have any problems.

• Cutter
        Cutter
        2007-11-29

2.3.0 ran fine for me as long as I removed the account information from the XML. I didn't try disabling it through the GUI as it would crash on launch.

• Carl
      Carl
      2007-11-30

2.3 crashes twice a day for me and I don't have an MSN account.  When I get up in the morning it's crashed and when I get home from work it's crashed.  I don't see any pattern yet.  I wiped out .purple and started fresh but that didn't help.