Windows Installation

Support
2008-04-12
2013-04-22
  • sry, but I wasn't able to get it to work on Windows XP 32. Did the steps shown at this website: http://pidgin-lastfm.naturalnet.de/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=WindowsInstallation

• Dominik George
      Dominik George
      2008-04-13

So, what errors do you get, or what are the results you get?

• Installed it, but it doesn't show up in plugins list. The program shows up differently than the rest of the plugins in the plugins folder, all the rest are dll and there is only a lastfm.pl file along with the uninstall file. I have restarted Pidgin and nothing. The website support forum says I don't have permission to view it, that or that the server is overloaded.

Windows XP 32-bit, Pidgin 2.4.0

• Dominik George
      Dominik George
      2008-04-20

OK, as far as the website is concerned, you are right. I missed allowing anonymous users in the forum.

But you could as well have read the installation guide - this is accessible and tells you why you are experiencing this problem.

As far as I remember, a note about that is even shown when installing ...

• I installed ActivePerl (old version as recommended) on both Vista Ultimate x64 (thus the x64 version of ActivePerl) and on 32 bit XP Professional and got the same result on both of them.

• Dominik George
      Dominik George
      2008-05-05

Could you please check what it says at the bottom of Pidgin's Info Dialog (under Help), in particular about the Perl support?

-nik