Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

not sending status

Support
2009-02-26
2013-04-22
  • Hi. I installed the latest version of the plugin, I set my status with the correct placeholder, and I see the status message updating in Pidgin (the placeholder is replaced with the song name). But others see my status with the placeholder not replaced...

Screenshot: http://i44.tinypic.com/r7kaag.png

• ok.... checked the plugin source and figured it out. it only works with saved status messages.

• Dominik George
        Dominik George
        2009-02-26

You could as well haev figured that out by simply reading the documentation / installation guide.

-nik

• Yes, I have read again the guide and finally found where this is mentioned. This took some perseverance, as the site is down most of the time ("Server is currently too busy; please come back later").

P.S. I have modified the plugin to use the old API (radio/np.php) as it seems more reliable (the current API reports songs in the wrong order, and the nowplaying attribute is practically arbitrary).