gaim-encryption not building

Help
hjheins
2006-09-07
2013-04-22
  • hjheins
    hjheins
    2006-09-07

Hello I'm currently trying to build gaim-encryption on Debian Sid with the xul nspr and nss libs.
    The build fails with the following error:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/lib/gaim/\" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DGAIM_DATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -I/usr/include/gaim -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -c config_ui.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/config_ui.o
    In file included from cryptproto.h:24,
                     from config_ui.c:33:
    rsa_nss.h:33:19: error: keyhi.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from cryptproto.h:24,
                     from config_ui.c:33:
    rsa_nss.h:36: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'SECKEYPrivateKey'
    make[3]: *** [config_ui.lo] Error 1

What to do?

Hendrik-Jan

• hjheins
      hjheins
      2006-09-07

my bad.
      wrong path definition.

• halber_mensch
        halber_mensch
        2006-09-13

I'd like to know what you did... on FreeBSD 6-STABLE I get the same building problem.

• hjheins
      hjheins
      2006-09-15

Basically I entered the wrong path for nss3 after configure.
      For me the correct one was: ./configure         --with-nss-includes=/usr/include/nss \         --with-nspr-includes=/usr/include/nspr \     --with-nspr-libs=/usr/lib \     --with-nss-libs=/usr/lib

So you should know the location for your libnspr, libnss and their devel files.

• halber_mensch
        halber_mensch
        2006-09-15

As it happens, I had found this out by looking at configure --help and googling. But on FreeBSD 6-STABLE (probably all FreeBSD that use ports/packages) configure fails to recognize that nss and nspr exist because of a reliance on pkg-config regardless of the specification of the lib/include locations. I had to hack the generated Makefile to set NSS_CFLAGS and NS_LIBS to get it to compile and link correctly.

• hjheins
      hjheins
      2006-09-16

Maybe this is worth a bug report?