Pidin-Encryption and Pidgin 2.6.1?

mieses
2009-08-21
2013-04-22
  • mieses
    mieses
    2009-08-21

Has anyone successfully used Pidin-Encryption with Pidgin 2.6.1?

I copied encrypt.dll into the plugins directory.  The buttons and plugin control panel work.  But encrypted messaging is not working.  If I delete the known keys,  a new key is not offered when an encrypted message is received.  I had no problems with Pidgin 2.5.

• Artur Pinheiro
      Artur Pinheiro
      2009-08-24

the same is happening to me

• Adam Stovicek
        Adam Stovicek
        2009-08-31

I've been upgrading Pidgin on my Ubuntu machines through the Pidgin Developers PPA at Launchpad. Since 2.6.1, the plugin will not function properly with Google's XMPP. Yahoo still functions normally. I purged 2.6.1 and reinstalled 2.5.5 from the Jaunty repos and everything is back to normal.

• Jimmy Jim
      Jimmy Jim
      2009-09-06

I work with windows XP and can confirm these problems as well. I also dumped the 2.6.1 and installed 2.5.8. It now works as before, but logging on to ICQ fails. Read that this is due to a change in login scheme at AOL/ICQ and that this problem was resolved in the later versions of pidgin. Still, I'm a happy camper since the big three (Google/Yahoo/MSN) work fine.

Any news if there's an Pidgin-Enc update coming or is this project dead as doornail?