Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
It seems the Pidgin-Encryption plugin as distributed in the Windows binary does not work with Pidgin 2.7. Pidgin does not show it in the list of available plugins. (Pidgin 2.7 on Windows XP 32-bit.)
I am experiencing the same issue, I installed Pidgin 2.7.1 and Pidgin-Encryption did not show in the Plugin list, I looked at my old computer and it had Pidgin 2.6.6, I installed that and the Pidgin-Encryption plug works fine.
the encrypt.dll needs the library nspr4.dll. You can extract this file from a Pidgin version < 2.7.0. Find below the results of my investigations.
- download Pidgin in a older version
- to extract one file from the installer you can use 7-Zip (http://7-zip.org)
7z e pidgin-2.6.6.exe nspr4.dll
- copy the nspr4.dll into the Pidgin application directory (where the pidgin.exe is stored)
- then the Pidgin-Encryption plugin is visible in the list
But it seems there is something more changed in Pidgin version > 2.6.0, as encryption is not working you will receive messages like "* Encrypted with the Gaim-Encryption plugin : Send Key".
- to workaround you can apply the changes (to the encrypt.dll) described in this Debian bug report
- keep in mind: those changes will break the compatibility with unpatched encrypt.dll or Linux versions of the Pidgin-Encryption plugin (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=564770\)
Hi, I did the weekend build plugin pidgin-encryption-3.1 Tested on Pidgin 2.73
i don't think it's useful if 10 people provide a binary for p-e 3.1 - especially if you look at the security aspects. just look at the 2nd post there:
i provided a semi-official binary after having talked with Bill Tompkins. He released 3.1 on my request but wasn't able to provide a binary for windows.
if you are curious if you can trust me, just send me a message and i'll try to help with that
I've never found Encryption-3.1.exe and I compiled myself.
Sorry if you're offended
ok, sorry, i wrote a bit to aggressive :)