I'm using the latest beta5 release (for Gaim 2.0 Beta
3) for this report.
The following scenario, Gaim-encryption does not
automatically resend a sent message to the recipient.
1) UserA and UserB chat with gaim-encryption enabled.
2) UserB signs off, and UserA does not close the chat
3) UserB signs back on at a later time.
4) UserA sends UserB a message (encryption should
still be enabled).
5) Output window displays the following message
(without flashing the taskbar alert [Windows] to note
an event in the chat window): "Last outgoing message
not received properly- resetting", and the recipient
never receives the actual message, though if they
happen to check the chat window they will be able to
see that they received a message that could not be
The encryption is indeed reset, but shouldn't the
message be automatically resent as well (as it is in
other circumstances)? If this is not technically a
bug, it is at the least an inconsistency, so I guess
then this could be considered as a request.