PHP 5.2.9 breaks phpwiki 1.3.14

Help
2009-03-30
2012-10-11
  • Hello,

I just updated php from 5.2.8 to 5.2.9 and now I'm getting no output in the browser and the following in my php errorlog:

[30-Mar-2009 17:42:32] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLONE, expecting T_STRING in /usr/local/www/data/wiki/lib/config.php(495) : eval()'d code on line 2
    [30-Mar-2009 17:42:32] PHP Fatal error: Class 'WikiDB_backend_PearDB_PearDB' not found in /usr/local/www/data/wiki/lib/WikiDB/SQL.php on line 25

Any ideas? I know php5 is not fully supported since I had to patch a bunch of stuff when I went from 4->5, but any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles

• Also a follow-up, just grabbed the current svn version and that errors out in exactly the same way.

I'm a little suspicious of this note in the 5.2.9 changelog:

Changed call() to be invoked on private/protected method access, similar to properties and get(). (Andrei)

Any help would be appreciated - policy dictates I stick with 5.2.9 for security reasons.

Thanks,

Charles

• Also a follow-up, just grabbed the current svn version and that errors out in exactly the same way.

I'm a little suspicious of this note in the 5.2.9 changelog:

Changed call() to be invoked on private/protected method access, similar to properties and get(). (Andrei)

Any help would be appreciated - policy dictates I stick with 5.2.9 for security reasons.

Thanks,

Charles

• Silver
      Silver
      2009-04-01

SVN-version (yesterday's as well as today's) works almost OK for me with PHP-5.2.9 (on FreeBSD-7.1). I get some other errors sometimes though:

• PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WikiDB_Page as array in /usr/local/www/phpwiki/lib/PageList.php on line 433
      • PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function store() on a non-object in /usr/local/www/phpwiki/lib/WikiUserNew.php on line 818
      • PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function printXML() on a non-object in /usr/local/www/phpwiki/lib/CachedMarkup.php on line 246

And some more.. But overall the wiki is functioning.

PS. I'm trying out SVN, because 1.3.14 wouldn't work with PHP > 5.2.6 in my case.

• Reini Urban
        Reini Urban
        2009-04-10

Works fine for me with current
        svn.

I just had to extend the php default setting of
        memory_limit = 16M
        to
        memory_limit = 32M
        on dba.

• Silver
          Silver
          2009-05-04

I just tried today's SVN, but I still get the same errors, eg:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of typeWikiDB_Page as array in /usr/local/www/phpwiki-svn_20090504/lib/PageList.php on line 453

And I've got "memory_limit = 128M".