Help
Coracle
2008-01-17
2012-10-11
  • Coracle
    Coracle
    2008-01-17

Hello,

I have installed phpWiki 1.3.11 Release 19 a while ago and was running it fine until two weeks ago. (I do know that I should use the newest version but thats what my server provider (1&1) provides as pre-installed from a vault and I have failed so far to update, which is another problem and may have to do with limited access to the server or with limited knowledge of myself. I have tried so please do not simply tell me to use newer version).

Since that day, two weeks ago, the inital page that used to come up when I called the directory www.mydomain.xx/phpWiki (probably the index.php - file) no longer shows in my browser (screen stays blank).

I need to continue my work on the Wiki which contains an important research-project.

A reply on this page would be nice, a direct reply by someone who could help me through the process personally (maybe even over the phone or on-line) would be even better. I am located in Germany and I speak English and German. My Wiki being a professionally used page, I am of course willing to pay for similarly professional help, even further on since I would need more help (for example to upgrade my version, as mentioned).

Thank you for your kind assistance in advance.

Vty.

• Coracle
      Coracle
      2008-01-22

Thank you for the thoughts. According to my php settings nothing has changed since 2006.
      The installation is an out-of-the-box thing, which is why I chose it. Very hard for me to figure out whats wrong.

Now in order to get working again I am desperately trying to get an installation of phpWiki to work on my PC locally (running Windows XP pro) but have failed so far as well. Any hints as to how to set this up with xampp or maybe the copy of a config.ini file and any other information I might need would be greatly appreciated.

• Bernard Bel
      Bernard Bel
      2008-01-17

A few days ago I had this schrecklich experience with a Typo3 website. Fortunately I noticed it occurred after restarting the Apache web server using a messed-up settings file so that PHP4 would not be loaded. Therefore you might first check whether PHP pages are displayed correctly. There is a "test.php" that tells everything about your server's settings, notably PHP compilation options.

Another clue might be that your system admin installed a higher version of PHP that is no longer compatible with your version of PhpWiki. This would force you to move the database and PhpWiki pages to another server running the older PHP. In any case, if you manage to display the wiki site and log in as the admin, I strongly recommend exporting the site as a zip file (both "instant" and "archive" versions), then re-importing it in a freshly-installed PhpWiki. I have written messages on this forum showing how to install version 1.3.14 despite a few bugs in the installation. I'll help you personally if you need it. For this "blank page" error I have no ther suggestion than my recent experience. Let's hope the intuition is right!

Bernard Bel