Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Problems setting passwords

Andrew
2005-03-27
2012-10-11
  • Andrew
    Andrew
    2005-03-27

Hi,

I just installed PHPwiki on my website. I really looking forward to making it go public. Seems like a great piece of software.

However, I am having problems setting passwords. I am able to log on and authenticate as a Bogo user. But when I go to the preferences page and attempt to set my password, I get the message: "Password cannot be changed. No changes."

Worse, when I log out I cannot log back in again with that username and password (or even no password at all). I get a "Invalid password or userid."

I checked out the "page" table in the database and the page corresponding to the username exists and the pagedata field contains the password I entered on the preferences page.

Can anyone help me figure out what is going wrong here? I appreciate any help you can give me.

thanks!
    --andrew

ps- here is a snippet of my config file:

ALLOW_ANON_USER = true
    ALLOW_ANON_EDIT = false
    ALLOW_BOGO_LOGIN = true
    ALLOW_USER_PASSWORDS = true

PASSWORD_LENGTH_MINIMUM = 6

USER_AUTH_POLICY = old

LDAP_AUTH_HOST = "ldap://localhost:389"

LDAP_BASE_DN = "ou=Users,o=Development,dc=mycompany.com"

; database-hashed passwords (more secure):
    ; DBAUTH_AUTH_CHECK = "SELECT IF(passwd=PASSWORD('$password'),1,0) FROM user WHERE userid='$userid'"
    DBAUTH_AUTH_CRYPT_METHOD = plain

; Plaintext passwords:
    ; DBAUTH_AUTH_UPDATE = "UPDATE user SET passwd='$password' WHERE userid='$userid'"
    ; Database-hashed passwords:
    ; DBAUTH_AUTH_UPDATE = "UPDATE user SET passwd=PASSWORD('$password') WHERE userid='$userid'"
    ;
    ; Allow the user to create their own account.
    ; DBAUTH_AUTH_CREATE = "INSERT INTO user SET passwd=PASSWORD('$password'),userid='$userid'"

; USER/PREFERENCE queries
    ;
    ; DBAUTH_PREF_SELECT = SELECT prefs FROM user WHERE userid='$userid'
    ; DBAUTH_PREF_SELECT = SELECT prefs FROM pref WHERE userid='$userid'
    ; DBAUTH_PREF_UPDATE = UPDATE user SET prefs='$pref_blob' WHERE userid='$userid'
    ; DBAUTH_PREF_UPDATE = "REPLACE INTO pref SET prefs='$pref_blob',userid='$userid'"