Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Problem with fresh install

Corinne
2008-07-21
2013-05-20
  • Corinne
    Corinne
    2008-07-21

I just did a fresh install of phpws 1.5.2

This is the error I get when I go to the setup page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: scandir() in /home/inthe20/public_html/core/class/File.php on line 171

The line 171 in the script says the following:
    $source_files = scandir($source_directory);

Anyone know what's going on here?

webmiss

• Sounds like your server is running php4*. scandir() was introduced in php5. phpwebsite requires php5.

*php4 is discontinued and even critical security updates will cease in Aug 2008

• Corinne
      Corinne
      2008-07-22

I came across some other errors. Don't remember exact wording, but basically some files were missing from the install package. I uploaded the files from a version 1.4.0 that I had downloaded previously and that fixed it.

I don't know whether the full package didn't have all the files or if for some reason it didn't download completely. I'm rather curious. I downloaded it twice and each time those files were missing. It was the config/core files.

Any ideas, anyone?

webmiss

• Find out what version of php you are running (4 or 5). If it is 4, scandir is not included _BUT_ there is a compatibility function that picks up the slack. If you are running 5, then it may be an earlier version that doesn't contain it. From that point, if your server won't update, there is a file you can edit to force the function to be available.

• Corinne
      Corinne
      2008-08-15

I meant to respond to this. Thank you. I will make sure php 5 is running.

• I could not install the 1.5.0 and I tried 1.5.0 and overall OK until the last step facing this error:

CREATE UNIQUE bqpwINDEX user_id on demographics(user_id); [nativecode=1064 ** You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'bqpwINDEX user_id on demographics(user_id)' at line 1]

I'm not so familiar with the detailed SQL ...

I have PHP 4.4.8 and MySQL 4.1.22 standard

Thanks

• Murray Nelson
      Murray Nelson
      2009-01-28

I am getting the cute little bear who is sorry.

I have checked the error log and the log says there is a problem with the passwords. I have been to the mysql tables with phpmyadmin as well as the auth table in the phpwebsite db.  And I have looked. No problem logging into phpwebsite as root or as user using the same password

I used the exact same password for root and db user and phpwebsite diety. The phpwebsite came up with a different hash for the same password.

This is the latest installation and I am using php5 as well. The install went flawlessy up until I get the choice to go to the website then up comes the little bear. OS for server is XP home using Appache Friends Xampp

I hate to have to bother Stardog over this one

• Murray Nelson
      Murray Nelson
      2009-01-28

As well I am getting the error
      Cannot load mcrypt extension. Please check your PHP configuration

• Murray Nelson
      Murray Nelson
      2009-01-28

As you may have guessed stardog that error message is in phpmyadmin