I installed the latest version on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 machine, and set a user and password.
When I run the program I can log in, get a command prompt and change directories but whenever I try to run a command I get:
NoNe SuCh=: is not an identifier
My phpinfo() shows:
_ENV["NoNe__SuCh"] no value
I have no idea what this is or what this should be set to.
Any ideas or comments?
(I accidentally post this same message into the open discussion forum, sorry).
I did not maintain phpterm for a while and there is a new fork ajaxphpterm, which may fix your issues. If not feel free to get bak so we can get rid of it. Even if I don't know this issue ;-)
Wow, that was a quick response!
After I posted this message and did some (ok, a lot) of Googling I found the ajaxphpterm product which I quickly downloaded and tested. It throws the same error message.
I also installed ajaxphpterm under Mandriva 2008 and low and behold it worked! I don't know if it will do what I want it to do but at least it didn't throw any errors.
Ok, so what are the differences?
Well, the biggest difference, other than the UNIX / Linux one was that Linux was running php 5 and SCO was running PHP 4 and I bet that's the problem.
Unfortunately I can't find a build of Apache/MySQL/PHP5 for SCO OpenServer 5.0.7. I know I could try compiling everything myself from scratch but right now I don't have the time (I'm not that good at compiling C code) especially since I don't know that doing so will fix the problem.
Maybe if you confirm that IS the problem I'd be more motivated :-)
Any and all comments or suggestions are appreciated.
I'm pretty sure it' not a problem of PHP5, so there is no need to "downgrade". I noticed this issue with the environment var years ago and it might be not the same issue, but as far as I remember the issue is caused by a mis configured PERL installation. So please try to disable loading of mod_perl in http.conf (if enabled).
It's just an idea but may be worth giving it a try IMHO.
I meant not a problem of PHP at all and therefore not only PHP5 specific ;-)
You nailed that one! Not sure what perl has to do with this problem but what they heck...
I removed the mod-perl and LoadModule perl_module and then all of a sudden I could do a dir and other commands.
But any commands like vi and anything that requires screen formatting and terminal input just doesn't work.
I guess the program is limited to simple command line input and isn't really what I'm looking for.
Thanks for your help though; I'm always happy to learn something new.